DEVELOPMENT and MARKETING DIRECTOR
Responsible To: Executive Director
Job Status: Full-time, Exempt (Salaried)
Qualifications: Successful fund development history: major gifts, community relations and special event management experience. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Bachelor’s degree and/or three years’ experience. A minimum of two years staff management experience. Grant writing experience is not required, but preferred.
Salary: Salary based upon experience. Competitive salary and benefits.
- Oversee the creation and implement the annual marketing, communications and development plan, including all campaigns, events and donor relations.
- Work with board members, volunteers and staff to achieve development goals.
Management of Development Efforts
- With direction from the Executive Director and in line with the Strategic Plan, be the leader in creating, implementing and monitoring the annual Development and Marketing Plan, which includes annual fundraising, major gifts, planned giving, donor database and infrastructure. Integrating the monitoring of the Development Plan.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of development and marketing operations, including acknowledgment of gifts, database maintenance, and event and campaign tasks.
- Provide reports of the results of development efforts – e.g. year-to-year event/campaign results, cost per dollar raised, etc.
- Responsible for direct supervision of relevant support staff, including orientation, training, support, evaluation.
- Ensure that the donor list is maintained and integrated into all aspects of fundraising.
- Oversee corporate partnerships and ensure it is integrated into all fundraising efforts.
- Responsible for attending networking events and meetings to establish new individual, corporate and business relationships. Evening hours are required as necessary.
- Responsible for cultivating, stewarding and soliciting new and existing corporate prospects and donors. Responsible for maintaining data file notes and planning for next steps in corporate relationships.
Supporting Volunteer Efforts
- With guidance from the Executive Director, support Board members in the management of their portfolios and their involvement in development efforts. On an ongoing basis, review portfolio giving, plan, and collaborate with board members to ensure that cultivation steps are performed. Ensure that Board members are aware of gifts made and pledges due on a timely basis.
- Engage Board members, existing volunteers and new volunteers in various events and campaigns.
- Work to ensure that the right solicitors are working on major prospect files as well as Board members.
- Write funding proposals and grants as needed.
- Represent organization on committees as requested by Executive Director.
- Attend and participate in community meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in staff meetings and conferences to share ideas and concerns and works collaboratively with other staff to meet agency goals and achieve staff objectives.
- Utilize training and other development/personal growth opportunities.
- Attend and participate in Girls Incorporated regional and national functions as mutually agreed upon with Executive Director.
- Ensure consistently high standards of corporate image and product quality.
- Participation in periodic assessment of own performance with Executive Director, developing goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director.