Organization: YWCA of Syracuse and Onondaga County
Position: Deputy Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Professional and Support Staff
Location: Syracuse, New York
POSITION SUMMARY: The Deputy Executive Director oversees the administrative and organizational work of the YWCA, is the primary internal manager, and partners with the Executive Director in developing and implementing the overall vision and strategy for the organization. The Deputy Executive Director will, at times, be called upon to represent the organization to the Board of Directors, partner organizations, media, donors and other stakeholders.
• Ensure the steady progress in attaining the organization’s goals, mission, vision, values and principles
• Oversee facilities management and office operations.
• Provide strategic, financial and operational support for the organization and the budget
• Oversee all human resource activities including recruitment, onboarding, training, employee handbook, and performance appraisals, etc.
• Represent the organization to community stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree preferred. (Related fields may include human services, business/management, and human resources.)
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, preferably in nonprofit management, with a focus on finance, operations and administration.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex topics internally and externally
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks and related software.
The YWCA of Syracuse & Onondaga County works to create an equitable community while providing a supportive environment for women and children to define their lives and thrive.
Additional information on the organization is available at: https://www.ywca-syracuse.org/
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Closing date: 5 p.m., August 15, 2021.